05 October 2012

Start 2013 off WRITE!

I currently have NO free workshops scheduled at libraries, but I do plan once again to host fee-based creative writing workshops in my home in 2013, starting in January. Workshops will meet weekly on the same day and at the same time. I may do more than one, depending on interest.

Here's how the fee structure will work:
  • Payment (check or cash) is due for all meetings you plan to attend in a particular month on the first meeting date of the month. 
  • Cost is $15 per meeting if you plan to attend off and on, or $10 per meeting if you plan to attend regularly. For example, let's say you were going to attend a Thursday meeting, beginning in January. The amount due at the first meeting, Jan. 3, would be $50 if you planned to attend every week (5 Thursdays in January 2013), $15 if you just planned to come to one, $30 for two and so on. Sometimes it will be cheaper to pay for the whole month at $10/week, even if you miss a meeting. 
  • Payment is due upfront because seating is limited, and I'll be reserving a spot for you. In case of illness or inclement weather, payments made can be applied to the next month. 

Format will be the same as my library workshops, except that we will meet for only two hours, and size will be limited to eight people. A manuscript sharing option will also be included on a sign-up basis. Coffee, tea and filtered water will be available at no extra charge. 

Please note I have a cat, in case you have allergies. For those of you who remember Molly and Katie, both have gone to kitty-heaven, and my current feline is a rambunctious 4-month-old tabby named Maisie.

I live just off the Greenwood exit for Interstate 65--about four miles south of my previous address, for those of you who attended workshops in my home several years back. Specific directions will be sent to those who decide to attend.

If you think you might be interested, please email me regarding preferred days and times (M-TU-W-TH-F-SA-SU; morning, afternoon or evening), or post info in the comments section here. From that list, I'll put together offerings to accommodate the most people and send out a follow-up email to those who respond. I look forward to seeing you all again and writing together!

No comments:

Post a Comment